Bhindi masala is a popular main course dish made with bhindi cooked in spices .While writing this post, i still remember the flavors and taste of this bhindi masala gravy. it was damn good. i love cooking more than being a foodie. but for a reason, this bhindi masala was an exception. it reminded me with the flavor and taste of a bhindi masala i had many years back in delhi. The tanginess of the tomatoes complements the light sweetness of okra very well. Bhindi Masala is a dish from Punjab .Many home cooks have issues while cooking bhindi because of the slimy texture it gives off on sauteeing. The key is to choose tender green okra and when you snap the pointed end, it should break off effortlessly.Bhindi (okra) cooked in a spicy masala that goes very well with chapatis, rotis or phulkas. This is one of my favorite recipe using bhindi ,as you cannot feel the sliminess of the vegetable in any way. At home we like to have this subzi hot and spicy but you can very well adjust the spice levels according to your taste. Its also very easy to pack for kids and adults in lunch boxes as its not loose enough to spill. bhindi is a family favorite. hence there are many recipes posted with bhindi .
It can treat sore throat., used for healing ulcers., good for constipation, asthma, blood sugar, preventing diabetes, atherosclerosis and cholesterol level.It may lower the risk of cataracts.Bhindi protects you from pimples.It makes smooth and beautiful skin.Bhindi/Okra is a vegetable that is so tasty that it’s hard to believe that it’s good for you as well! Look at this list of things found in a LadyFinger – Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Copper and dietary Fiber”. WOW! Time to have an ‘Okra Party’!. Here we go !!!!!
Bhindi Masala Recipe
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Bhindi – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 cup sliced
- Tomato – 1 medium size
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per the taste
How To Make Bhindi Masala
- First we will see how to clean and cut the okra. First wash the okra well. If you have time then let it drain and dry out completely. Or you are in rush, then wipe it clean and dry with kitchen or paper towel. It is important to make the okra dry completely to avoid stickiness afterwards.Cut the both ends (head and tail part). Discard them.
- Heat a pan pour oil into it. then add bhindi.Thebhindi masala requires less oil and not high in calories as we are not deep frying the okra.Fry it and keep it aside. This is our first step
- After that use the same pan, if needed add some oil . Then we can add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and salute it, following with sliced onion.
- When the onions get transparent colour , then we can add tomatoes into it. Cook for 10-15 mins at lowest flame.
- then we can add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and again cook for 5-7 mins at lowest flame.
- Our next step is to add the fried bhindies into the pan. There is no need to cover it .We just want to stir fry.
- After mixing the bhindies and masala together. keep cooking on medium flame. We have to make the bhindies cooked into the masala for the best result. the best way to achieve the right texture of the bhindis, not too crinky, nor too slimy, just the perfect crispiness that soaks in a luxurious tangy tawa fry thick gravy.
- Here Our bhindi masala is ready to serve.
- Enjoy !!!!