Ada Pradhaman is a traditional payasam or a classic dessert of Gods Own Country. This Ada Pradhaman can make in both ways, thats preparing rice ada with milk and sugar or with jaggery/sharkara and coconut milk. Its a traditional payasam made for onam. In onam sadya, the main highlight is this ada pradhaman and is incomplete without this rich recipe. There are many payasam and pradhaman in the rich cuisine of kerala, but this one sure is the queen of them all. So lets see today how I am going to make Ada Pradhaman , this is an easy recipe with step by step pictures.
Ada Pradhaman With Jaggery and Coconut Milk
Ada Pradhaman Recipe
- Rice ada- 1 cup
- Jaggery- 500 gram
- Sago/chowari- 1/2 cup
- Thin Coconut milk-1 cup
- Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
- Dry Coconut-3 tbsp, chopped
- Cashew nuts- 2tbsp
- Rasins- 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Ghee- 2tbsp
How to Make Ada Pradhaman
- Add rice ada in boiling water and cook it for 15 minutes, wash this cooked ada in plain running water to avoid sticking to each other. Drain the water a completely and keep it aside
- Melt jaggery in little water and strain it to remove dust and dirt, keep it aside
- Boil water in a pan and add sago, boil it till it becomes transparent and stir occassionally. Keep it aside.
- Heat a payasam uruli(is a traditional cook ware in south india, kerala) pour ghee and fry the cooked ada in a medium low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the jaggery syrup and combine well, till it thickens. Stir it continously in medium low flame.
- Once it thickens, add the cooked sago and stir continoulsy in a low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the thin Coconut milk, cook it for 5 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Now add the thick milk, mix it well stir for 1 minute and switch off the flame. Do not boil after adding thick milk. Keep it aside.
- Heat a frying pan , add ghee and roast dry coconut pieces, cashew nuts and rasins.
- Add the seasoning on the top of ada pradhaman.
- Ada Pradhaman is ready to serve. Its best with banana slices.