It’s a North Indian dry vegetarian side dish made with Potato and Cauliflower cooked adding mild Indian spices.
- Potato – 2 medium, peeled and cubed
- Cauliflower – ½ kg, cut into florets
- Green Chilly – 2 nos, slit
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 medium, thinly sliced
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 2 nos
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – ¼ tsp
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Vegetable Curry Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Salt – to taste
- Water – ½ cup or as needed
- Coriander Leaves – ½ bunch, finely chopped
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp.
METHOD OF COOKING :
- Heat Oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add asafetida, curry leaves, dry red chillies, ginger, garlic and sauté well for 1 minute.
- Add onion, green chilly, little salt and sauté well until onion turns light brown.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, curry masala powder, red chilly powder, dry mango powder and combine well.
- Add potato, cauliflower, salt to taste, ¼ cup water and stir well until all the spices get mix with the vegetables.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for about 20 to 25 minutes until the vegetables become tender. Make sure to stir gently 3 to 4 times in between to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan. If needed, add little water as well. But do not add more water as we want the dish to become dry and moist.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and cover the pan for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with roti, nan, chapti etc.
Recipe No. 12